Sunday, November 16, 2008

Do you know how to spin wool?

Spinning is pretty hard because the wool will break on you if the string is too long. I learned with my friend Connie with a drop spindle. I made the spindle myself. I took a long stick and put a wheel on it and a hook on one end. First you take yarn and practice spinning it back and forth. Then you use these brushes to make all of the alpace fur go in the same direction. Then you then wind that up into big chunks that you take strips of and wind into yarn.




Un sol is money. Notice in the movie she is asking for un sol. She is asking for un sol because she wants money for her picture being taken. My Mom told me because she's been there. It's in Peru where the deepest canyon is called the Colca Canyon. My Mom told me she hiked to the bottom with my Dad, spent the night and the next morning hiked up. Notice she is also spinning alpaca wool like me.

No comments: