Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Is Mexico Cheaper?


The answer is yes! Here are some prices to compare...

5lb. cantaloupe $2.15
5lb. bag of navel oranges $1.00
six pack of Corona/Tecate $4.00
1/2 gall of fresh squeezed OJ $3.25 like fresh squeezed!!!
3 fish tacos, beans and rice $2.50
1lb. fresh, just off the boat giant shrimp $5.00
30 fresh corn tortillas $1.00
1 giant, as big as your head, apple fritter 50 cents
1lb. cactus $1.00

Tonight for dinner I made cactus salad. Steamed cactus is kind of like a citrus green bean. I'm sure it has some sort of goodness in it but I thought we ought to start eating it regularly as it is found everywhere down here. Ryder almost barfed while trying to eat it. It's got an okra kind of sliminess to it. I think next time I'm going to add it to some meat and fill a tortilla with it.

No comments: