Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Giant Squid

This is a giant squid we found on the beach! It was huge, alive and we rolled it back out into the water and it swam away. Now it just sounds like I'm making it up - but seriously, it was the size of Phelan. No joke. For anybody that really knows me - they know this made my year probably! My cousin would call me a nerd but that was the coolest thing evah! Yesterday was filled with firsts. We saw tracks in the sand from snakes, lizards, rabbits, bobcat and roadrunners. Then the squid rolled up to shore with its eyes blinking and it blowing water out of its propulsion hole. Lastly, to top it off, a fisherman checking his nets gave us a bag of sea bass for dinner - because he thought Casey was cute. The kids ate fried fish - the whole thing, with the skin. Oh yeah, Obama was inaugurated. It was a big day! Hope all of you are good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you adopt me for a while?? Would LOVE to come and experience all the fantastic creatures down there!! Meghan is SOOOO jealous of the Blog!! Also I'm pretty sure she's going to be a marine biologist someday so the last entry really had her going!! She's obsessed with Sharks and truly know's more than I thought possible!! Have a great time and thanks for keeping us up to speed on your adventures!!
Love, Hez

Anonymous said...

That is sooo cool! We are huge squid fans here. We've watched your video several times now. Keep up the great posts. Sounds like you're having an amazing time.
-Diane and family

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are one lucky guy! I would have loved to have seen a "live" squid & be able to help it get back to the deep blue sea. I also homeschool my 2 girls & think that what your family is doing is absolutely the best adventure. Enjoy!!!!

Shawnalee

Anonymous said...

Hi Ryder, That was a great video. I wish I could be there to see it. Maretta!!!!!