Thursday, August 28, 2008

Digging Potatoes


One day, I went to my grandparents to help harvest potatoes. We harvested more than 100 potatoes. There were still more. There were brown ones, purple ones and yellow ones. The brown and purple ones we spent all day harvesting. We didn't have enough time to get all of the yellow ones.

First we pulled out the dead vines. Then we dug up the potatoes because the soil was nice and soft because the day before it rained. We found a potato that was five potatoes all connected together. I have never seen a potato so big. It was the size of a soccer ball.

3 comments:

Richard and Marlene said...

Hey, I really like your blog. Thank you too for your help with the potatoes, there sure were alot. Opah and I did get the yellow ones out too. What are we going to do with all these potatoes?

Love OMY

Carol said...

What a great looking blog, Ryder! Sounds like you did a great job helping Omy and Opah with the potatoes. I created a blog, too! Here is the address, www.silverbyrch2.blogspot.com

My site is not as fancy as yours because it's brand new. Maybe someday you can help me with my blog?

Love, Auntie Carol

Grace said...

The size of a soccer ball? Jeeze!!! Did you know that in Canada they have this annual PUMPKIN RACE? They get big 600 pound pumpkins and they cut them open and take all the guts out and then they ride in them like boats with kyak paddles. It looks really fun. :)